- Senior Process Control Engineer
- Advanced Certificate Electro Technology
- A Grade Electrical Fitter Dual Trade Instrumentation
- Discipline Process Control Systems
Chris has extensive experience in Electrical and Control Systems Engineering in the mining, mineral sands and refining industries. He has operated as an Engineer in these disciplines for over twenty (20) years and has maintained his Electrical dual trade licence throughout. Chris was Iluka’s Process Systems Co-ordinator South West for many years then held the position of Control Systems Engineer at FMG. Chris is now Bunbury Electrical’s Senior Process Control Engineer and is a Director of Bunbury Electrical BESC.
Chris also purchased BESC with two other Partners, Jeremy Penton and Cameron Walton. Like all the current directors and some senior employees, Chris made the move for various reasons however the uniform driver was to retain local identity and continue a local Company with good Client relationships well into the future.
Experience & Project History:
1996 Westralian Sands
Capel Dry Separation Plant Leucoxene Upgrade
- MacroView Control System Design, configuration and commissioning.
2000 – 2008 Iluka Resources
South West Process Control Co-Ordinator
- Control systems maintenance, programming, implementation & commissioning.
2008 Fortescue Metals Group
Cloudbreak Iron Ore Mine
- Post project commissioning support of FMG’s Cloudbreak Ore Preparation Facility.
- Site commissioning / support of control system PLC & SCADA.
2011 Iluka Resources
Tutunup South Minesite Greenfield Project
- Site commissioning of control system PLC, SCADA & telemetry.
2011 – 2012 Simcoa
Grinding Plant Greenfield Plant
- Drive schematic & PLC design.
- Programming of Triconex safety PLC system.
2012 – 2013 Iluka Resources
North Capel SR1 Restart Project
- Replacement of Honeywell TDC 3000 control system with Schneider Unity PLC system.
- PLC programming of drives and instrumentation.
Areas of Expertise:
- Experienced in support, configuration of SCADA & DCS systems programming & implementation, including Citect, GE Cimplicity, MacroView & Bailey Infi 90.
- PLC Programming, including Square D, Modicon Quantum, Schneider Unity Pro, GE Machine Edition and Triconex Tristation.
- System software & hardware configuration and support of both Microsoft Windows & Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Management experience leading small teams, Cert 3 in Frontline Management.
- Has acted in the roles of Electrical Coordinator and Production Superintendent.
- Safe Work procedures and systems.