- Lead Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)
- Discipline High Voltage & Power Generation Design.
- Director of DRP Engineering
David has held positions in the region previously with Iluka as Senior Project Engineer and other Engineering Companies as Engineering Manager. David is now Owner Director of DRP Engineering and Partners on projects with BESC. David has a long history and has worked on many projects with all the key members of BESC.
David has over thirty (30) years experience as a degree qualified Project Engineer in the mineral sands, mining, process and power industries. David leads multi-disciplined project team capable of full HV, electrical, instrumentation and control system design and project implementation.
Experience & Project History:
- Six dozer traps & mineral sands dry mining units (DMUs) with Piacentini & Son.
- Iluka’s Tutunup, Cloverdale, Waroona, Wagerup & Yoganup mineral sands projects.
- Electrical Project Management SR2 design & construction.
- Feasibility studies for the Bunbury Port Berths 5 & 8 upgrades.
- Design & project coordination for a 8 MW waste heat recovery steam turbine running in parallel operation with Western Power.
- Upgrade of the 66/6.6 kV substation and distribution network.
Areas of Expertise:
- High voltage & power generation design.
- Industrial control & instrument design.
- Motor control centre (MCC) and electrical systems design.
- Project management & feasibility studies.