- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Discipline Discipline Process Control and Electrical Systems
Thomas is a degree qualified Electrical Engineer who has over twenty (20) years experience in electrical, PLC SCADA and programming engineering. Thomas has worked in a broad range of industries and on various projects throughout his career. Thomas has joined BESC working along side other Engineers who he has worked with for years.
Thomas’s fields of experience are with the Mining, Mineral Processing, Water Services, Chemical, Food, Dairy and Timber industries. His overseas background also includes ink/paint production facilities and building management systems.
Experience & Project History:
- WAPL’s plant upgrade – Fine Seed project
- Iluka’s MBS2 Hamilton Separation Plant upgrade
- Iluka’s Wagerup mine development;
- Iluka’s SR1 Weighfeeder upgrade;
- Premier Coal’s Nut Coal project;
- Recipe management system for batch automation at Dynea WA’s Dardanup resin plant;
- Automation of Aqwest’s Water Filtration Plants;
- Automation of WAMMCO Meatworks Byproducts and Killfloor process.
Areas of Expertise:
- Electrical and Engineering Experience
- Automation and design of industrial machinery, production lines and Robotics.
- PLC/DCS programming of: General Electric (GE), Modicon, Schneider, Allen Bradley , Square D, Omron, Alspa, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, ABB Bailey, Siemens, Texas Instruments, Fuji, S&S, Koyo, Honeywell and others
- SCADA programming of: Citect, Macroview, Wizcon, Wonderware, Turbolink, Magelis, Allen Bradley, Omron
- Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus, DeviceNet and other communication bus systems.
- Telemetry Networks Design and installation.
- Mining, Mineral Processing, Water Services, Chemical, Food, Dairy and Timber industries.
- Overseas background include ink/paint production facilities and building management systems.